Skip to main content

E. H. Butler Library, Buffalo State, The State University of New York

Archives & Special Collections: Ellicott District Coalition



The Monroe Fordham Regional History Center

Ellicott District Coalition Misc. Papers [1968-1982]

The papers in this collection were secured for filming by Mrs. Sharon Holley. The papers were placed on loan to the Afro-American Historical Association of the Niagara Frontier. The papers are organized and filmed in chronological order. They were filmed by Monroe Fordham, member of the History Department, Buffalo State College.

The Ellicott District Coalition was formed in 1968 to bring all agencies together for sharing, innovation, and implementation of beneficial concepts related – the Ellicott District. Some of their accomplishments include: the 1973 Community Service Awards; sharing of services and communications from member organizations; Christmas basket distributions; providing speakers for up-to-date information about the Ellicott District; and annual meeting presentations. Their objective was to “create a community action power base for a united front to attack social injustice.”

Buffalo State logo
E. H. Butler Library, SUNY Buffalo State
1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222
Phone: (716) 878 6300
Fax: (716) 878-3134
Accessibility Policy