Hyde Park Presbyterian Church was born from an idea of the Sessions at Stamford Ontario United Presbyterian Church in the late 1920’s. The Sessions determined that Hyde Park in Niagara Falls, NY was a suitable area to establish a Bible School. Miss Ida Lewis was appointed as the Bible School missionary in May 1929 and meetings were held in a home at 2818 Michigan Avenue in Niagara Falls (this home would later become the manse for the church). The adjoining lots were also purchased at the time.
In January 1931, Walter Bicketon was appointed as the Sunday School missionary to continue the work began by Miss Lewis. The Reverend George B. Hassey was appointed minister to the Sunday School in January 1933 and by March of that same year, Hyde Park Presbyterian Church was constituted and organized.
The church was incorporated in January 1943 as The Hyde Park United Presbyterian Church of Niagara Falls, NY. In August of that year ground was broken for the building of the church.
Reverend Robert Bellingham, the pastor at Pierce Avenue Presbyterian Church, over saw the operations of Hyde Park from March 1989 until the church’s closing on December 31, 1992. The buildings that constituted Hyde Park Presbyterian Church were sold to The Living Word Church in July 1998.
The buildings that constituted Hyde Park Presbyterian Church were sold to The Living Word Church in July 1998.