Skip to main content

E. H. Butler Library, Buffalo State, The State University of New York

Archives & Special Collections: LINKS of Niagara Falls Papers [1950-2000]



The Monroe Fordham Regional History Center

LINKS of Niagara Falls Papers [1950-2000]

The Links Incorporated is an organization of women with 270 chapters located in 40 states, The District of Columbia, Nassau, Bahamas and Frankfurt, Germany with a total membership of over 10,000 women. The organization was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1946 by the late Margaret Roselle Hawkins and Sarah Strickland Scott.

The Links, Inc. is a voluntary service organization of concerned, committed and talented women who, linked in friendship, enhance the quality of life in communities throughout the world. The mission and vision is to contribute to the formulation of a positive, productive and culturally diverse society. A strong focus is given to education, cultural enrichment, health, wellness and civic involvement. The Links, Inc. is an entity which through its chapters and The Links Foundation, Inc. has granted more than ten million dollars to charitable organizations.

The Niagara Falls Chapter, The Links, Inc. was organized by the late Alice C. Hayes on May 24, 1950. The chapter grew immensely thus the Buffalo and Erie County Chapters of The Links, Inc. were derived. Locally, this chapter has bonded together with dedicated members who have reached out near and far to assist others. Annually the chapter has made charitable contributions and given other support to The United Way of Niagara, Niagara Community Center & Girls Club, Niagara Hospice, The Center for Young Parents, Family & Children's Service of Niagara, and numerous others. Additionally, the membership has sponsored and co-sponsored youth development programs and conferences, mentoring seminars, cultural festivals, theme luncheons and walk-a-thons for health and hunger. In the field of education, we administer The Dr. & Mrs. Charles Beresford Hayes Memorial Medical Scholarship and The Mariella Gentry Memorial Scholarship Fund from which annually over $2,000 is awarded to the students entering medicine or medically related field.  The Niagara Falls Chapter of The Links, Inc. has often been honored for its outstanding and dedicated service to the Niagara Falls and Western New York area.

-information taken from https://www.linksniagarafallschapter.com/ on 03/30/2018

Downloadable Finding-Aid and Inventory

Buffalo State logo
E. H. Butler Library, SUNY Buffalo State
1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222
Phone: (716) 878 6300
Fax: (716) 878-3134
Accessibility Policy