Title: Church of the Redeemer Episcopal Papers
Date Span: 1915-1988
Acquisition Number: N/A
Creator: Church of the Redeemer Episcopal
Donor: Church of the Redeemer Episcopal
Date of Acquisition: 2015
Extent: 17 digital files
Format: Digital .pdf documents
Locations: The Monroe Fordham Regional History Center, Archives & Special Collections Department, E. H. Butler Library, SUNY Buffalo State
Processed: Scanned and processed 2015, Chris Root and MD Hussein; reprocessed 2017, Hope Dunbar
The Church of the Redeemer Episcopal Papers Collection is open for research. Appointment required.
Reproduction of Materials:
See Archivist for information on reproducing materials from this collection, including photocopies, digital camera images, or digital scans, as well as copyright restrictions that may pertain to these materials.
Even though all reasonable and customary best-practices have been pursued, this collection may contain materials with confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the SUNY Buffalo State assumes no responsibility.
[Description and dates], Box/Item/Reel number, Church of the Redeemer Episcopal Papers, The Monroe Fordham Regional History Center, Archives & Special Collections Department, E. H. Butler Library, SUNY Buffalo State.
Back in 1909, the record of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church directed the organizations of the Episcopal mission in the Pine Avenue 25th Street area of Niagara Falls, NY. Organized to serve the English immigrants who were coming from Canada to worship here, the mission was the beginning of the church known to city residents as the Church of the Redeemer Episcopal, at 820 Hyde Park Blvd. –taken from the Church of the Redeemer Scrapbook, page 11. Additional church history available.
Scope and Contents:
Meeting minutes; photographs; registers; scrapbooks; and service records.
Book “A” – Jan 23rd, 1915 – Dec 28th, 1924
Book “B” – Jan 18th, 1925 – Sep 11th, 1949
Book “C” – Oct 22nd, 1919 – Dec 3rd, 1932
Mission Committee Minutes
Vol. 1 – 1935 – 1937
Vol. 2 – 1938 – 1941
Vol. 3 – 1942 – 1948
Vol. 4 – 1948 – 1953
Vol. 5 – 1954 – 1961
Vol. 6 – 1961 – 1968
Vol. 7 – 1968 – 1980
Vol. 8 – 1980 – 1988
Jacobs Service Record – 1926 – 1956
Francis Quaranta Photos
Church of the Redeemer Episcopal is closed. Location is currently occupied by St. Peter's Episcopal Church.