LAST UPDATED: November 6, 2020
Changes to Butler Library for Spring 2021 Semester
Welcome back, Bengals! Here in the library, we're working hard to keep the library both safe and welcoming.
Butler Library, the Academic Commons, and StudyQuad are all OPEN this semester, but many of our spaces and services will look different. Please plan ahead before coming to the library and be aware that:
- All faculty, staff, and students will need their Bengal ID Card, face mask, and present the results of the COVID-19 Daily Screening before entering the library building.
- Social distancing: Keep 6 feet apart and please do not move furniture.
- Enjoy food or drink outside of the building.
- Our stacks are closed, but you can request books online and we'll pull them for you using our Library Book Pick-up Service.
- A limited number of course reserve books will be available in the Reading Room. Reserve a time here, or check-in at the Ask Us Desk in the lower lobby of the library.
- The building is only open to current Buffalo State College students, faculty, and staff.
- Questions? Library help is available online using our Ask Us service.
For more information, please review these pages:
- Our building serves as a campus hub for a variety of student activities, including the shared use of our study spaces, books, computers, and more. We are rethinking how we can safely and effectively phase in the resumption of each of these activities. Click here for more information about our spaces.
- StudyQuad computer lab remains open with limited hours for those that need access to technology for remote instruction via Bengal ID access.
- In addition to providing information literacy, research, and archival services, Butler Library is also the new home for Accessibility Services, Advising, EOP Academic Center for Excellence, Math Center, Writing Center, and Tutoring Services. Click here for more information about our services.