Borrowing Books, Returning Books, Course Reserves
There is limited access to the stacks, you can check out materials using our Library Book Pick-up Service: use the library's online catalog to request the books you need and library staff will retrieve them and have them ready for you to pick up. Here's how it works:
- Use ALLsearch, the library's online catalog, to search the library's collections.
- When you find a book you need, place a hold on it by clicking the link under the heading "Get It" as pictured here:
- Library staff will pull the books you need and put them on the pick-up shelf located in the West Lobby. Books requested by 8pm will be ready the following day, except Fridays and Saturdays.
- When you pick-up your book, use the MeeScan app to check it out. For instructions on how to download and install the MeeScan app see the library systems Web page on using Meescan.
- Following health and safety protocols, all returned items will be quarantined for three days.
- Books can be returned in the book drop boxes located:
- Outside of the Butler Library entrance facing the parking lot (the Starbucks entrance).
- Outside of the Butler Library entrance facing the plaza (the entrance across from the Student Union).
- Inside Butler Library in the book drop next to the circulation desk.
- Interlibrary loans can also be returned in the book drops - please include as much original paperwork as possible.
- Any items borrowed from another SUNY can be returned to Butler Library and we will return the item on your behalf.
- Books may also be returned to any SUNY library statewide.