Copy & Print
Networked printers and copiers are located in Butler Library’s Information Commons, QuietQuad, and StudyQuad (library map).
How to Print in the Library
- Select “Print” in the program you are using
- Choose either the “Library B&W” or “Library Color” print queues
- Go to any Pharos printing station and swipe your Bengal ID card
- Select the document you want to print, and click “Print.”
Wireless printing is available to Buffalo State students, faculty, and staff. Windows 7 & Mac OS X computers, including on-campus wireless laptops and off-campus home computers, can be configured to send print jobs to any Black & White printer in the library.
Before you can use the service, you will need to download, unzip, and install the printing client on your computer.
Wireless Printing Instructions
- From the File Menu of an Application, select “Print.”
- Select the “Library B&W” print queue.
- A Pharos popup window will appear. Enter your Buffalo State Username and then select “Print.”
- Go to the print station to release your print job.
- Insert your printing card into the card reader.
- Select your print job and click “Print.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for prints and copies?
Printers and copiers do not accept money. You must use your Bengal ID card to make prints or copies. Add-value machines are located in Information Commons and StudyQuad (map). These machines will allow you to add value to your Bengal ID Bengal Bucks fund with cash or a credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard)
What sizes of paper do you have?
All the copiers and printers contain letter (8.5” x 11”), legal (8.5” x 14”), and 11” x 17” paper.
Can I use my own paper?
No. Some paper can damage our printers and copiers. If you need to print on special paper, please contact the Copy Center in Grover Cleveland Hall, room 111 (878-4509) or your favorite copy shop.
Can I use the library copiers to make handouts in quantity for a class presentation?
While our equipment is good, we do not offer commercial copy center services. Please contact the Copy Center in Grover Cleveland Hall, room 111 (878-4509) or your favorite copy shop.
What if I don’t want to pay for prints?
Butler Library offers options for students who need to print:
- Download - Download your work to a flash (USB) drive. Buffalo State students, faculty, and staff may also save work on their network drive.
- E-mail - Many of our online databases now allow you to e-mail citations and full-text articles to your account. Send the articles to your e-mail address and read them or print them somewhere else.
Who do I contact if I need help using this equipment?
Look for our student assistants at the Help Desk.
Bengal ID Card Office