Library open this Saturday & Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. for ID cards and transit passes only.
Copy & Print
Networked printers and copiers are located in Butler Library’s Information Commons, QuietQuad, and StudyQuad (library map).
How to Print in the Library
- Select “Print” in the program you are using
- Choose either the “Library B&W” or “Library Color” print queues
- Go to any Pharos printing station and swipe your Bengal ID card
- Select the document you want to print, and click “Print.”
E. H. Butler Library offers an easy new way to print from your laptop, phone, or other mobile device. To get started with mobile print, you must already have printed from the one of Pharos release stations.
Register for Mobile Print
- Open web release in your browser: https://print.buffalostate.edu
- Log-in with your Buffalo State username/password
- Click your username and add your e-mail addresses
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail; click “Confirm” in the e-mail
- To print, send an e-mail with an attachment to email@example.com or log-in to web release and upload a document
Releasing a Document from Mobile Print
- Visit the printing station you would like to print from
- Open https://print.buffalostate.edu from your mobile device or desktop
- Enter the printer (StudyQuad, QuietQuad, Information Commons, etc.) you will be printing to and select desired options
- Select “Print”
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for prints and copies?
Printers and copiers do not accept money. You must use your Bengal ID card to make prints or copies. Add-value machines are located in Information Commons and StudyQuad (map). These machines will allow you to add value to your Bengal ID Bengal Bucks fund with cash or a credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard)
What sizes of paper do you have?
All the copiers and printers contain letter (8.5” x 11”), legal (8.5” x 14”), and 11” x 17” paper.
Can I use my own paper?
No. Some paper can damage our printers and copiers. If you need to print on special paper, please contact the Copy Center in Grover Cleveland Hall, room 111 (878-4509) or your favorite copy shop.
Can I use the library copiers to make handouts in quantity for a class presentation?
While our equipment is good, we do not offer commercial copy center services. Please contact the Copy Center in Grover Cleveland Hall, room 111 (878-4509) or your favorite copy shop.
What if I don’t want to pay for prints?
Butler Library offers options for students who need to print:
- Download - Download your work to a flash (USB) drive. Buffalo State students, faculty, and staff may also save work on their network drive.
- E-mail - Many of our online databases now allow you to e-mail citations and full-text articles to your account. Send the articles to your e-mail address and read them or print them somewhere else.
Who do I contact if I need help using this equipment?
Look for our student assistants at the Help Desk.